Monday, December 31, 2007

I usually dread a windy day, but...

...not when Aunt Wendy is in town! She showed my kids how to tie an old sheet around your waist and then raise your arms, holding the sheet corners...instant parachute! They had so much fun getting yanked around the backyard by the ridiculously strong winds. I tried it too and it was really hard to hold onto the sheet, but I could not stop laughing!Hold on guys! Yes, Brady's sheet was tied around his neck. Not the best idea, but he couldn't really get the hang of it anyway.




9 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, that video is hilarious! Wendy is the coolest aunt ever! Who would think of that? I REALLY wish you had someone take video of you...especially since you were cracking up the whole time. So funny!

gingerdee said...

oh, there IS video of me trying it. it will never be publicly viewed, thank you!

Kate said...

Leave it to Wendy! Such a creative use of sheets? Whoever knew they could be a source of entertainment out in the wind?

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

The best is when you are on the top of a hill, run into the wind down hill, and JUMP.... Then sheet helps you to soar.

I remember having the soarest arms after doing that as a young adult. The kids must have been wiped after that!

Juli said...

That is a funny video, such a great idea. I love how your sister is in the backround just havin a blast!

Angela said...

Wow, you certainly have one fun sister!! The kids look like they are having a blast. Lucky them to have such a cool aunt!

rebecca said...

Ok, I'll remember this bit of brilliance next time we have crazy winds. What fun!

Stacie said...

oh my goodness, what a fun idea! I can't wait to try it with my kids sometime.

Nicole said...

I'll have to remember that! I never would have come up with it myself. I enjoy watching your posts involving Wendy! She's really is the best Auntie!! What great memories your kids will have!