Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm "IT" and you could be next!

There's a game of tag going on and I got caught. I have to tell 6 little known facts/weird, quirky things about myself. Please still be my friend even after I tell you these...promise? Here they are, in no particular order...

1. I think feet are disgusting, including my own and especially my husband's. I CANNOT stand when someone puts their bare feet near me or on me. I can hardly touch dirty socks when I do laundry. I would NEVER give someone a pedicure. I only clip my children's toenails after they've been soaking in the bathtub and only because it is absolutely necessary. Funny thing is, I LOVE baby feet. They're so soft and playdough-y. I'm always kissing Holly's feet when she's laying on my lap. Go figure.

2. I never make my bed. Correction: I never make my bed in the MORNING. Just lazy I guess. However, I HAVE to straighten the sheets and blankets before I get in bed at night. It bugs me if they aren't smooth and even. Sometimes I accidently wake up Jason (who goes to bed hours before I do) because I'm tugging at the blankets that are tangled under him. See, he falls right into the bed that's in the same messy state it was in when we woke up. Somehow, it doesn't bother him.

3. I can only drink milk if it is ICE cold. I don't like the TASTE of milk, I like the COLD, refreshingness of it. To get it to that perfect state of icy coldness, naturally, I add ice. Yes, I know it's cold right out of the fridge, but it does not maintain that temperature for long. Ice is the solution to this problem. Thank you Dad, I learned this from you. A glass of milk with a brownie? 3 ice cubes & milk. A bowl of cold cereal? 4 ice cubes, milk, and say, Grape-nuts. Some people think it's disgusting, I think it is delicious and a must. No ice, no milk. Try it sometime.

4. I like to keep people's expectations for me low. I don't want to let on how talented, creative, and able I am. I like to ask a lot of questions, seek advice, and give praise for other people's abilities. It makes them feel good and appreciated, and this also puts me in a "student" position where I get to learn from those who take pity on me and want to help me. I'm not saying that I'm exceptionally proficient at a lot of stuff, but I'm better than I let on. You don't believe me, do you? Man, I'm good.

5. This one is dangerous. Being in a car is an instant sleeping pill for me. If I'm the passenger, not so bad. When I'm the driver, it's torture. I would NEVER take a long road trip alone. Even on a short drive, like picking up my girls from school, which is only about 10-15 minutes, I get extremely drowsy and can hardly keep my eyes open. I've never gotten in an accident, but I've had several close calls. It's scary and annoying.

6. I secretly enjoy children's TV shows. I sit and watch them with my kids. I love "That's So Raven." It cracks me up. I love "Arthur." It's so clever and funny. I've even watched it without my kids! Am I really admitting this? Oh well. I sing along with "Pinky Dinky Doo" ("yes sir-roonie, posit-toonie..." Sing it Winks!) and the Berenstein Bears' theme song. I like "Miss Spider," "Oswald," and "Little Bill." These are all sweet and slow and nice. I DO NOT like obnoxious and over-the-top-silly cartoons (Spongebob, for example), nor do I let my kids watch them. Watching TV is bad enough without that extra over-stimulation. Anyway, now you know my secret. I know, I'm easily entertained.

Well, do you feel like you know me a little better now? Maybe too much information? You have to still be my friend. You promised.

I get to tag 3 people now. Heidi, Kate, and Melinda---TAG, you're it!!

7 comments:

MEB said...

Here I was logging on to wish you a Happy Birthday and now I get tagged with writing 6 things about myself. My life isn't too exciting but I will think of some things to write. :)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Happy Birthday, Ginge! HOw about some pics with your new presents?? Wink, Wink! ;) I wanna see how they look!

Oh, and I love it when my milk gets a little less cold than it was in the fridge. When its too cold it hurts my teeth. I think ice in your milk is nasty. My opinion of you is officially lowered. Sorry! You always hurt the ones you love! (Quick! What movie?)

Helen said...

So we (you & me, Barry & Jason) are EXACTLY alike in your number 2. So funny!

wendyann said...

"Pinkys really good at making up stories... and every story ROCKS!!!"

Feet- yes.. sick
Bed- You're crazy I have to make it in the morning.
Ice- a must for sure
Expectations- same
Car- I could never fall asleep while driving.
Kids TV shows- love them. You forgot Hannah Montana, wonderpets,and Ashley Tisdale on Suite Life.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! How was San Fran? I'm expecting pictures on your blog! Photos in the rain? I was tagged for this same thing by my sister-in-law but haven't thought of anything yet. It was fun to read yours. You're so witty and clever. I'll be YOUR student!

Heidi said...

I still can't get over your #4. You call me all the time for advice on cooking and parties and things, are you just needing a reason to call?? You are such a stinker!

Kate said...

Dang, you're fast! You got me.

1. Didn't know that about you and feet, so I'm amazed you massaged mine while I was prego w/ the twins. That's true sisterly service & sacrifice.
2. You mentioned bed & bugs in the same paragraph- Eww!
3. Knew that about you. No thanks for me, although Mark is a fan.
4. I notice this about you, and so now I know why. And to think all this time I thought I was the wise, experienced sister giving advice. Tricky.
5. I have noticed your eyes are half mast at car pick up. Shall I honk my horn instead of the daily wave to keep you alert?
6. Knew this too. Your children must LOVE this about you!