Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another reason to love this house we're renting...

I saw the OCEAN from our house this morning. I was literally standing on our backyard grass taking this picture. The realtor and our neighbor told us we would be able to see it on a clear day, but I didn't really believe it. Today was clear because of the wind, and there it was!
If you enlarge the picture by clicking on it, you can see a boat beside that big telephone tower. Now if I could just catch a glimpse of some dolphins swimming by...

5 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Sorry, Ging. I'm not seeing the island. I think what you are seeing is the land that sticks out. You know the stairstep mountain that we can see from the beach house? I think that's the mountain in the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong.

gingerdee said...

hmmm, you may be right. Jason and I assumed it was Santa Cruz because the Channel islands are right off the coast of Oxnard. maybe it IS the curve of the mainland. ???

nikki said...

That's so cool! An ocean view in Moorpark?

S.Miles said...

That is soooo weird. I would have never guessed you could see it so clearly!

Nicole said...

That's cool.