Monday, October 1, 2007

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

What's new around here? I know you're dying to know...
Jason still has a job at Countrywide...for the time being.
I went to join the local gym today, but the start-up fees are so outrageous, I'm rethinking. Speaking of working out, I'm making Chicken Milano and garlic bread for dinner tonight...yum!
Erin is making her best effort to kick the nail-biting habit. Wendy can tell you, it's not just her fingernails...yeah, nasty. She still has two orange bottom teeth, but she has a dentist appointment tomorrow...I'm hoping the plan of action is veneers.
Jenna's name was mentioned at Back to School night as one of the students in Kindergarten who is starting to sound out words...yay! She comes home everyday with most of her food still in her lunchbox since my little slow-poke eater barely gets through one item (usually the least nutritious one) before they are shooed out of the cafeteria & onto the playground. Yes, she obviously doesn't have the speed-eater Z genes in her.
Brady won't stop talking. Didn't I used to complain about him NOT talking? Well, I didn't know he was going to sell me out all the time! The other day I secretly threw one of Jenna's school papers in the trash. Brady saw me do it. Jenna, who would have been heart-broken since she thinks I should save any paper she has taken a pencil to, did not. Brady, standing nearby, asked, "Mom, why did you put Jenna's homework in the trash?" Trying not to panic & knowing that "Shhh-ing" him never had any effect, I had to act fast. Jenna was within earshot, but not paying attention to Brady, who was already loudly repeating his question. Before he could ask a third time, I used my best distraction technique..."Hey Brady, do you want a treat?" It worked! He forgot what he had witnessed and Jenna was spared the details of her ill-fated worksheet.
Little Miss Holly is so well-behaved. She never talks back or gives me dirty looks. She is always happy to see me! She doesn't fight with any of her siblings & even has an ability to diffuse a tense situation just by cooing. She never complains about what's on the menu at meal time & she happily eats all of her food & always wants seconds. It's so nice to have such a sweet baby around!
Well, I guess it's pretty obvious...NOTHING is happening around here! And I mean that in a good way. If anything really exciting happens, besides the upcoming dentist appointment of course, I'll be sure to let you know..........

3 comments:

Miriam Herm said...

ginger-
with a little detective work, i have found you! thanks so much for coming up to me on sunday, it was fun to meet you and hear some feedback.

Miriam Herm said...

ps your children are charming. i like reading about them.

rebecca said...

Sounds like life is fabulous! Love that Brady is telling on you already. :) I too try to get away with throwing out A LOT of stuff, but when I get caught . . . it's not good. Treats are always a good distraction.