Saturday, September 8, 2007

She's Gone...

...and we are going to miss you terribly Aunt Wendy! Who cares about school at BYU Idaho? Two more semesters is too long...just stay here with me forever...okay?
Won't you miss......changing diapers, packing boxes, doing dishes, breaking up fights, cooking & cleaning, having a little boy frequently ransacking your room for candy, doing laundry, being wedged between two carseats in the backseat of the van, being spit-up on, taquitos, bathing sandy kids, and a certain little girl crawling into bed with you in the middle of the night & whacking you in the face/kicking you?
Just remember.....So You Think You Can Dance marathons, reading about vampires, visiting Heidi in WA, "I want Little Bears", taking a few pictures, Erin's songs, listening to the same CDs over & over, flushing the unflushable, karaoke, the camera battery search, relaxing with Nat in Bakersfield, fudgsicles, Zuma beach, "spin me Wenny", driving the van, How It's Made, late night talks and early morning wake ups, when Holly was brand new, the quiet when Brady barely said five words, "sleeping" out on the trampoline, and pedicures.
Wendy, we will miss you so much. You have been so good to us this summer! I was able to fully enjoy Holly's newborn months having you by my side. Your organization, patience, and positive attitude kept me sane and my children happy. Your presence in our home has been a great blessing and you are welcome back ANYTIME! We love you! Good luck in Idaho!
Wendy promised to make the girls blankets while she was here. They picked out the fabric together & then Wendy cut, tied, & whipped them out on the sewing machine so fast! They turned out so cute and the girls love them.
I LOVE this picture! If only I hadn't just pulled Holly right out of bed...can you tell?

Sisters...Wendy and I at P.F. Chang's on her last night. Gotta love those lettuce wraps...yum! Her fortune cookie said, "You will soon travel to a far away place." How perfect!

4 comments:

Juli said...

you two are like twins.......crazy.
Ging, i'm so sad for you :( After reading your post i feel like i'm losing someone too! Welcome to the real world now Ging! Love You & good luck:)

wendyann said...

Oh man!! You summed it up perfectly!! The only thing you forgot was the part about you and Jase spoiling me rotten all summer!! Thank you again for EVERYTHING!! It was so much fun for me and I learned a ton about being a mom. I'd do it again anytime!! I already miss you guys!! -wendyann

Helen said...

How awesome to have her around, sounds like she helped a TON!

Nicole said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sister, and what a sweet relationship you have with her. Your children will also likely always have great memories of their special Auntie!