Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy 87th Birthday Grammie!

Grammie and Grampa Clarke 1941
Isn't this a great picture? Such a handsome couple. Grammie tells us that the photographer told her to wipe off her lipstick because it would look too dark in the black & white photograph. She didn't really believe him and didn't want to have NO lipstick on, so she just sort of wiped it off. Well...he was right...black lips! Funny!

Today Grammie Clarke is celebrating her 87th (!!!) birthday! Mom, Wendy, and I, with Brady & Holly in tow, treated her to lunch at Woodranch BBQ. Grammie enjoyed her lunch, but I don't think she liked being the center of attention. She didn't want us to tell the waitress it was her birthday for fear that she'd be sung to. Mom reassured her that they didn't do that at this restaurant, and knowing that, of course Grammie wouldn't turn down a sundae!
Grammie has always been so fashionable and even at 87 she is beautiful. She is a classy lady whom I have always admired. She has been a widow for just over 5 years now and since February it has been necessary for her to live with my parents. I'm sure life has been difficult without my Grampa and she is often confused due to memory loss, but she is very pleasant and sweet when I visit with her. Keep smiling Grammie! We love you!


Grammie's Birthday sundae...we ALL shared!




FOUR GENERATIONS! Grammie, Mom, Ginger, & Holly

2 comments:

Juli said...

The infamous Grammie........she's adorable. Happy Birthday Grammie :)

MOM/Kandy said...

Well, I've seen that photo for so many years, Grammie wouldn't look normal w/o black lips. :) I guess it's to be expected with b/w photos! Kind of goes with the look of the turn of the century anyway--2000. Kandy/MOM