Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bakersfield Weekend!

The sisters had our Girl's Weekend, so of course the brothers needed a guy's weekend or "Gentlemen's Annual" as they call it. They planned it during March Madness basketball tournaments and were able to attend several games. Dad, Trevor, Ginger, Jason, and Derek...Rod missing :(

Since all the boys were crashing at my house, I had to pack up my kids and find somewhere else to go for 3 days. Thankfully, Natalie invited us to Bakersfield! The kids swam & played and Nat introduced me to the exciting world of canning meat! She did all the work and I got to come home with tons of bottles of chicken and pork! I also bottled pancake mix and Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese. I'm so glad Nat showed me how to use my pressure cooker for canning and now I need to get to work! Anyone want to join me??

Our fun in Bakersfield didn't stop there...a friend of Natalie's invited us all to a private viewing of the new movie "Enchanted" at her amazing home theater! complete with leather recliners, a popcorn machine, a candy counter, and a soda machine! It was so fun and so cool! The babies weren't very cooperative, but the other kids loved it.
On Saturday, brave Natalie helped the kids dye and decorate easter eggs. She had a very cool kit which had "foil" sheets that made the eggs look really unique.
Thanks for a super fun weekend Nat! You were the perfect hostess, like always. I loved getting to hang out with you and I hope we didn't cause too much craziness for you!


2 comments:

MEB said...

Wow...look at you go. Canning away. That is awesome. It sounds like a great couple of days in Bakersfield.

Heidi said...

I cannot believe that home theater. Amazing. How fun for the kids...and the PERFECT movie to watch. I've already watched it about 5 times since we bought it. Love it. I am so jealous of that canning, too! Tell Nat to have everything ready for me to pick up when I come this summer. What a fun place to go when you are "kicked" out of your own house. So, why didn't Don make the picture? How rude.