Sunday, March 9, 2008

Girl's Weekend 2008

I look forward to it all year, counting down the months, then weeks, then days. Now it's over and it was fantastic. I loved it all...the laughing, the crying, the talking and talking and talking! That pretty much sums it up! I loved having a few days with my sisters and my mom. We did whatever we felt like from hour to hour...something that never gets to happen in real life! (frankly, getting back to real life afterwards was pretty rough!) I was lucky enough to be the hostess this year, but my sisters came from all over...Washington (Heidi), Kentucky (Brandi), Idaho (Wendy), Utah (Jen), and California--Bakersfield (Natalie) & Fresno (Summer). My mom and Kate live within 10 minutes of my house. We missed Amber who teaches high school in Utah. She's never been able to attend! Let's hope she'll make it next year. We were able to have Monica with us for Friday night dinner at the mall and for a drop-in on Saturday evening. That accounts for everyone! It's so fun to be together. I always learn so much from my sisters' experiences that they so willingly share. They are women I trust and admire. The love and support I feel from my sisters is so comforting and a great blessing.
(sigh) Only 11 months and 3 weeks until our chat fest resumes...

We were so happy that Gramma Z was able to join us on Sunday evening! It was a great visit. She has such a sharp memory! Prompted by a few questions from us, she was able to relate her memories of growing up during the Depression and her experiences as a child. She is overflowing with so many stories and so much background information about our ancestors. It was fascinating and I was thankful that we were able to capture her memories on video. I know the recording will be valuable as the years go by and we really need to do this again!


6 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Whew!! That was the longest lists of posts I've had to go through! Thanks for keeping us "posted!"

Yes, GW was wonderful! Thanks again for hosting it and for letting me crash there before and after. I had a great time! Thanks for all of our great chats and long walks! THanks for being a great listener too!

Kate said...

Aaaah, soo sad it's over. Thanks for hosting yet another great GW! I think you posted all my fave pics from the wkend. Nothing like sisters all together! Thanks for being a great sis! It was fun having Gramma there too. Good to see you blogging again!

rebecca said...

I love your girls weekend tradition! Sounds like so much fun. I hope to steal your idea in the future!

Helen said...

You ladies are all so beautiful!

Heidi said...

Yeah, for sisters! How lucky are we to have so many and a mom that wants to play with us! It was another fantabulous weekend. Went way too fast, but will be here again before we know it. Thanks for hosting it in that beautiful home of yours that I am going to miss visiting! Love you, Ginge!

Nicole said...

Saw pics on Kate's blog too. You guys have such an awesome closeness. I love how you have this tradition. I enjoy seeing the posts.