Thursday, January 17, 2008

There is Sunshine in my soul today


That was the opening hymn at Grammie's funeral service today. It was the perfect choice for the occasion. This is going to sound really strange, but her's was the best funeral I've ever been to. I really enjoyed it. Did I cry? Of course, but mostly I found myself smiling as I listened to the speakers share their thoughts and memories of Grammie. She was truly an amazing woman as a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
I will miss her but I know I'll be with her again.

My little family

My BIG family!

How awesome is this picture of the 13 of us?? I love that we were all able to be together.

See what you did Grammie? You raised your only daughter right.

I seriously have the best family.

2 comments:

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Amen, Sista!

Heidi said...

I LOVED that, Ginge. Short, but so sweet and heartfelt. We are so blessed!