Thursday, January 24, 2008

BJ's & Pinkberry with Fruity Pebbles (yum!)

Thank goodness for true friends who aren't SO worried about what other people think!

Friends that allow themselves to:
-be real
-admit weakness
-ask for advice
-say "I'm having a bad day"
-say "I'm having a bad week"
-tell the truth even when (especially when!!) it's not pretty
-wish for 2 minutes of quiet alone time and not feel guilty about wishing for it! (or hiding in a dark bathroom to actually get it!)
-admit mistakes
-confide fears and worries
-talk about struggles and hard times
-share true feelings

I feel safe with my true friends. I love feeling like I'm not the only one who isn't perfect and cheerful all the time! Doesn't everyone need friends like this?!? I am so lucky.
Thanks girls, sure love you!

8 comments:

S.Miles said...

How is it possible to laugh and cry at the same time just by reading a simple blog entry? Last night was simply perfect. Good food, good friends, and good dessert. I went to bed last night with a huge smile on my face. Thank you for the great night! Lets plan another one soon.... Welcome to the addictive world of PINKBERRY! Any time you need a driving buddy for your trips out to Westlake- give me a call! I'm sooooo there!

Poppy said...

Those kinds of friends are the best...Yeah! a new post...I was sure you dropped off the face of the earth!

Heidi said...

Please explain the whole pinkberry thing???
Yes, those kind of friends are the best...they are more like sisters! Thank goodness I have SIX of those.

gingerdee said...

Pinkberry=frozen plain yogurt goodness.
yeah Heids, I know it probably wouldn't be your favorite place, but it's now mine!

Juli said...

I am SOO grateful for our BJ's & Pinkberry get-a-way!! I feel for our sanity it should be a Thursday night ritual(at least the Pinkberry part!)Thanks to our night out i was able to come home a better me!! Love Ya!

Kate said...

Oooh, sounds like one of those great friend nights!! Every woman needs those now and then! Such a rejuvinator for the female soul. Makes you grateful for people you feel you can be free & open with in your own skin. I love that!!

rebecca said...

Sounds like a G-R-E-A-T night. I could use one of those more often. I'm glad you got a night out with some awesome girlfriends.

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Thanks for introducing me to this scrumptious stuff. Its just too bad they only have Pinkberry stores in NY and CA. I looked it up. So sad.