Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ferris DeVonne Clarke

...otherwise known as Grammie. My dear Grammie passed away on Friday evening in my Mom's house where she's been living for the past year. I'm so grateful that it was a peaceful, not traumatic, experience for my mom. My mom says she can see in her mind's eye Grammie's last moments--she can picture that my grampa, who died over 5 years ago, came to get Grammie and she happily left her body to join her sweetheart! How beautiful. My grandparents have such a unique love story and their reunion must have been so sweet.
Of course I mourn her loss because I'll miss her, but I can't help but feel excited that she is with Grampa and other loved ones in a state of rest and beauty. She has waited a long time to be there...she was 87!Richard and DeVonne

-taken at my parents wedding reception in September of 1967

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, I love that picture zoomed in like that! They are so good looking! What a wonderful legacy we have to follow.

Poppy said...

I am sorry for your loss, but it is a sweet sorrow. My grandparents are suffering so much right now (they are 88 and 89) and I wish so much that they could just go home. Isn't it great that we know we will see them again? It makes letting go a lot easier.

Kate said...

We have such a beautiful, loving Grammie, and now she is back in Grampa's arms, and probably seeing President Hinckley!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Beautiful post, Ging. Loved the picture too. Thanks again for letting me stay with you for part of my trip home!

MEB said...

Sorry to hear about your Grammie. I can only imagine how happy she is with your grandpa right now.

Anonymous said...

I think we may be related! She is my great grandma!

JasonC said...

Ginger is your mom's cousin on your grandpa's side.