Sunday, January 27, 2008

little girl's letter

Erin and I stayed up late together tonight because there is no school tomorrow. She handed me this note with a pencil drawing of me and her with grass, flowers, and sunshine...

Dear Mom,
I love you ever so much. I know you cannot hold onto me forever, but I wish you could! I am growing old. And I am starting to be a young lady. But you want to know a secret? There is one thing I will never grow out of, being my mother's little girl!
Love,
Erin

Erin was 5 in this picture. My tiny 4lb 10oz preemie baby girl is turning 8 this year! When she was born early I wished she would hurry and grow, but now I wish time would slow down just a little!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Erin is the cutest, cleverest, most darling little girl! I loved that letter. You need to frame it and hang it on the wall. What a smarty. That picture is SO cute, too! Her hair was so long and it's the perfect "little girl" shot. My poor girls will never have the ballerina picture. But, they have soccer and b-ball pictures. Does that count?

Kate said...

How true her statements are! You must have just melted. I love her letter, and love that picture. She is such a special, adorable, wise young, young, young little lady. :) Can't believe this is baptism year for our girls!! Time IS going by too fast. You really should frame that letter. I have framed one of Abigail's, and it sits on my dresser. They are so precious.

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Erin is truly a special child! She killed me the night she kept massaging you (like for an hour!) telling you that you deserve it for all the hard work you do and will do. She is so thoughtful!

Nicole said...

How mature for an almost 8 year old! Wow! I'm impressed. You have a darling daughter there. I remember when she was so new and tiny. I can't believe she's coming up on baptism. Wow! I love that you shared that sweet letter. One to keep forever!

Angela said...

That is so incredibly precious. What a thoughtful little girl. You must have just melted. I hope you hold on to that letter and read it often!

rebecca said...

Oh, sigh. Why do they have to keep growing all the time?

Sweet, sweet letter.

Stacie said...

So sweet! I love your daughter! She is so sweet and so much fun to watch in primary. I love her zest for life.

MEB said...

I can't believe she'll be 8. Where does the time go?
That is such a sweet letter.