Saturday, April 5, 2008

the Results are in...

I did it! My first 5k and I survived! It was so fun and great to be with friends. This will definitely not be my last time running competitively.
So how'd I do? My first goal was to finish faster than 30 minutes and I forgot to tell you about my other goal--no walking, just slow & steady and keep moving!
Well, I never walked and my time was...30.00 minutes.
Can you believe that??? 30 minutes on the dot! no more, no less. If only I had really run full throttle right at the end! just for a second!
next time...


[my picture is taking forever to upload, so I'll add it later]

8 comments:

MEB said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. You are better than me. I have to walk even in a 5K!

rebecca said...

You rock Ginger! I'm so glad we've been running together and that we finished this 5K! Let's do another one soon!

Poppy said...

You are superwoman...way to go!

Nicole said...

I didn't realize you were training for this! I knew Rebecca was, but didn't know you were on board. Good for you! That must feel awesome. Great job making your goal!

Heidi said...

That is awesome, Ginge! I wish I could say that you've inspired me, but...I refuse to run in the rain and cold. Maybe this summer or something...or maybe when we get back to CA. We can run together! Wouldn't that be fun?

Us! said...

Congrats! That is so fun! It is addicting too! Pretty soon you'll be running the Great Race half marathon!

Unknown said...

Yeah Ginger! We miss you! We moved too. Me and my sister in law did the health fitness 5k in los angeles a few years ago. We mainly walked but its a start. You are awesome!

Heidi said...

You haven't posted either? Okay, that makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER about my lack of blogging for the past month. I haven't even looked on ANYONE'S blog for the past month or so. I was worried I was going to look at yours and see a million new posts. Thanks for being a loser with me. I knew I could count on you! :)